Application works only on Android™ 4.1 or higher, because required drivers are absent in the previous versions.
Here is what do you need to do:¶
- If you have an old Adapter version 2.0, 2.1 or 2.2, then ugrade it with the last firmware version 110, after that enable "Car PC functions" in Adapter configuration, and install it into your car.
The newest Update Tool and Config Tool reside on the Adapter website.
If you have a new Adapter version 3.2 or higher, then connect it using this instructions.
- Install DroidOnCar application from Google Play™ on your device and activate license using this instructions.
If Car Service will not launch automatically in point "4", please do the following:¶
- Root your device.
- Add a file with the name "android.hardware.usb.host.xml" into the directory /system/etc/permissions. It should have the following contents:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <permissions> <feature name="android.hardware.usb.host" /> </permissions>
- Find the file with the name "handheld_core_hardware.xml" or "tablet_core_hardware.xml" in the same directory, and add the following line into the permissions section:
<feature name="android.hardware.usb.host" />
- Restart your Android system.
How to check that CAN Adapter is correclty seen by Android¶
Install the program USB Device Info. It will show you the list of connected devices, Adapter must be in this list.